o Equal Justice Initiative
- The Equal Justice Initiative is a non-profit organization that provides legal representation to indigent defendants and prisoners who have been denied fair treatment in the legal system.
o National Registry of Exonerations
- The National Registry of Exonerations is a project of the University of Michigan Law School. It provides detailed information about every known exoneration in the United States since 1989.
o Death Penalty Information Center
- The Death Penalty Information Center is a national non-profit organization serving the media and public with analysis and information on issues concerning capital punishment.
o The Innocence Project
- The Innocence Project is a national litigation and public policy organization dedicated to exonerating wrongfully convicted individuals and reforming the criminal justice system.
o The Sentencing Project
- The Sentencing Project was established in 1986 and works for a fair and effective U.S. criminal justice system by promoting reforms in sentencing policy, addressing unjust racial disparities and practices, and advocating for alternatives to incarceration.
o International Centre for Prison Studies
- The ICPS conducts research on prisons and imprisonment, develops and disseminates knowledge about how imprisonment should be used, and contributes to improved policy and practice in prisons across the world.