Downloading from EBSCO eBooks
Note: At this time, eBooks from EBL, Ebrary, and EBSCO can't be "checked out" from AULibraries public or OIT Lab computers since the download must stay with the copy of Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) it is downloaded to and is only transferrable to the devices synced to that copy of ADE. The online preview is available at library workstations.
For downloading eBooks (those that are available for check-out & downloading) and reading them off-line on your computer or moving the to a portable eReader device, Adobe Digital Editions is required (see below). You will also need to set up a free account in EBSCO.
Check-out available for select items for 7 days, after which the download is disabled and you will receive a message telling you the download has expired if you attempt to open it.. Clicking on "Show Details" will allow you to see if you can check-out and read offline.
The Minimum Browser Requirements for EBSCO interfaces are as follows:
|Internet Explorer||7.0 or later|
|FireFox||8.0 or later|
|Safari||5.1 or later|
|Google Chrome||16 or later|
- The recommended screen resolution for EBSCOhost is 1024 x 768.
- (Macintosh OS9 users who cannot run the latest Netscape version 7.2 can download a compatible version by clicking HERE, then clicking on the "Download Now" link inside right-hand column.)
- Internet Explorer 8 users should turn off Compatibility View by clicking the button next to the web address bar in their browser. Compatibility View may cause some areas of EBSCO interfaces to not display correctly.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or later is required to use Text-To-Speech on interfaces in which it is available.
- Page Composer will not appear for users who do not have browsers that meet these requirements.
- If you are using a Mac, you will need to install a PDF Browser plug-in in order to use the eBook Viewer.
30 pages or less.
How to Download
When you click an EBSCO ebook record, you get the following screen. Remember, these can only be downloaded on your personal computer, not on Morgan Library workstations. Note that EBSCO requires you set up a free account to download books. For downloading eBooks (those that are available for check-out & downloading) and reading them off-line on your computer or portable device, Adobe Digital Editions is required.
When setting up an account, look for the "Create New Account" tab in the login screen:
If you elect to preview the item, it will appear in a viewing pane.
If you elect to download, you will get a download window - note you must download Adobe Editions to download the book. A link for downloading Adobe Digital Editions is supplied. Make sure to authorize your account with the Adobe ID you set up.