Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
- A Glossary of Literary Terms (PN 41 .A184 1988)
- The Oxford English Dictionary (REF PE 1625 .O87 1989)
- Webster's Third New International Dictionary of the English Language,Unabridged (REF PE 1625 .W36 1981)
- Middle English Dictionary (REF PE 679 .M54)
- A Dictionary of Literary Terms and Literary Theory (REF PN 41 .C83 1998)
Contains the complete 2nd ed., its three-volume Additions series, and also draft material from the revision programe, which represents the latest progress towards the 3rd ed.
Provides access and interconnectivity between the Middle English Dictionary and the HyperBibliography of Middle English prose and verse based on the bibliographies of the Middle English Dictionary.
Includes electronic versions of many of Gale's reference publications as well as critical analyses, biographies,and bibliographies for more than 120,000 authors from every age and literary discipline.
Lists over 3,700 periodicals in the areas of literature, language, linguistics, and folklore that are covered regularly in the MLA International Bibliography. The directory provides addresses, advertising rates, and information about submissions for publication.
Contains the texts of more than 100 reference titles published by Oxford University Press as well as the Oxford Companions Series in a single cross-searchable resource. Includes encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauruses, etc.
Consists of a fully searchable and browsable collection of authoritative references, including Britannica's latest article database; articles not yet in the print Britannica; Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (tenth edition); the Britannica Book of the Year; and links to other World Wide Web sites selected by Britannica editors.
Handbooks and General Reference Books
The Art of Literary Research (PR 56 .A68 1993)
Literary Research Guide (REF PR 83 .H37 1989)
A Research Guide for Undergraduate Students : English and American Literature (PR 56 .B34 1995)
Simple & Direct : A Rhetoric for Writers (PE1408 .B4361985)
Writing About Literature: Aims and Process (PE 1479.C7 M33 1987)
The London Stage, 1660-1800 (REF PN 2592 .L6)
Modern Language Association (MLA)
- MLA handbook for writers of research papers (Reference Desk LB 2369 .G53 2009)
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide: Online information on MLA formatting from the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL).
American Psychological Association (APA)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (Reference Desk BF 76.7 .P83 2010)
- APA Formatting and Style Guide: Online information on APA formatting from the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL).
Chicago Manual of Style
- Chicago Manual of Style (Reference Desk Z 253 .C57 2010)
- A Manual For Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations : Chicago Style For Students and Researchers by Kate L. Turabian (Reference Desk LB 2369 .T8 2007)
- Chicago Manual of Style Method: Online information on Chicago Manual of Style method from the Purdue University Online Writing Lab (OWL).