Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Naxos Music Library
A streaming database of classical music containing access to over 100,000 CDs.
Searchable database of audio recordings, liner notes and essays from New World, Composers Recordings (formerly Composers Recordings Inc./CRI) and other music labels.
Naxos Music Library Jazz
A streaming database of jazz. Over 100,000 tracks from 260 labels.
Naxos Music Library World
World music, historic blues recordings, ambient sounds (frogs, bird calls), labor and protest songs, and a multitude of other types of recordings.
Naxos Video Library
A performing arts video library with operas, ballets, documentaries, live concerts, and musical tours of historic places.
Qwest TV EDU
A streaming video database founded by Quincy Jones “dedicated to jazz and related music.”
How to Create Playlists in the Naxos Databases (Naxos Music Library, Naxos Music Library Jazz, Naxos Music Library World, Naxos Video Library)
In order to create your own playlist, visit
- Login with your Professor Playlist username and password. Please see Liza Weisbrod (firstname.lastname@example.org) for this information.
- Click on the Playlist tab on the left side of the screen and create a folder for your playlists under the “Auburn University Playlists” tab.
- Once you’ve created a folder for yourself, create a playlist within that folder.
- Search for and select a CD.
- Once you are on the album page, select the tracks you want to add by clicking the check-boxes to the left of the tracks.
- Click the "+" at the top of the page.
- A small window will open in which you can select the appropriate tab, folder, and playlist from dropdown boxes.
Note: Naxos Video Library has a slightly different procedure. See the Naxos User Guide for more information and contact Liza Weisbrod for assistance.
How to Embed a Playlist in Canvas
- Go to the Naxos database where the playlist is located.
- Click the Playlist tab in the global navigation bar.
- Select a folder.
- To embed a folder, click the 'Display Static URL to Playlist' box in the upper right hand corner.
- Copy the link to the playlist.
- Add the link to Canvas. See How do I embed a video in a page in a course?
- To embed individual tracks from a playlist, click on the playlist name and use the static URL for each track.
CDs and LPs
Search the Auburn University Libraries catalog for recordings on CD and record.
CDs and LPs are shelved in Closed Stacks. Ask for them at the Circulation Desk on 1st floor by the parking deck entrance.
Tape players and turntables are available on the 1st floor.
Search the Auburn University Libraries catalog for DVDs and VHS tapes.
DVDs are shelved on the 3rd floor of the RBD Library. VHS tapes are shelved in Closed Stacks. Ask for VHS tapes at the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor.
VHS, DVD, and Blue Ray players are available on the 1st floor.