Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services are a researcher’s link to materials not owned or subscribed to by AU Libraries. Interlibrary loan services are available for faculty, students, and staff. While some ILL services across the country are still affected as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can:
- Request books as usual and participating libraries will be contacted.
- If a physical copy of the book you request cannot be obtained, you may request an electronic scan of its table of contents and/or index . You can then select pages or a couple of chapters to be scanned and delivered to you electronically.
- Continue to request items that can be delivered electronically (e.g., journal articles)
- If an item is not available through ILL, your subject librarian is available to investigate other options with you.
- ILL requests can be made through your ILLiad account. After logging in, select "Article/Book Chapter" from the Main Menu options.
Interlibrary Loan staff are available to answer email and phone calls.
AUBIExpress: Electronic scanning of print materials
The AUBIExpress service is available to faculty and graduate students:
- Requests for electronic scans of print materials in the Libraries' collections can be made through your ILLiad account. After logging in, select "AUBIExpress" from the Main Menu options. (Faculty: If this material is needed for a course you are teaching, please indicate a "need by date" in the request form's Notes field.)
Document Delivery staff are available to answer email and phone calls: