To install the MS Word Plug-in:
After installing the plug-in, it will appear in the
Reference tab of Word as below:
· When writing in MS Word, at the point where you need to insert a citation, click on the References tab in the Word toolbar and then on Insert Citation.
· A search box will open, you can search by author, title, or year of your citation. When you find the correct citation, click it.
· You can add additional citations if needed.
· When you are finished adding citations, click OK.
· When your paper is complete, click on the spot where the bibliography should start and then on Insert Bibliography.
· Notice that you are able to choose the desired citation style above the Insert Bibliography icon. If the style you need isn’t listed, click on More styles.
· You can change the citation style of a paper by hightlighting the entire bibliography list, and then selecting a different style from the drop down list.
Before sending an electronic file of a document created with Mendeley, you will probably want to remove the Mendeley links.
To do that, from your document,