Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- If Auburn University Libraries does not own the materials you need, you will use Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- The Libraries' ILL system is known as ILLiad. To use ILL, login to ILLiad using your username and password.
- You will register and provide contact information the first time you login. Under 'Status' on the User Information form, BE SURE you select Distance Ed.
Books, Scores, CDs, and DVDs
- To obtain Books, Scores, CDs, and DVDs that Auburn University Libraries does not own, you will need to use Interlibrary Loan.
- Go to ILLiad and select Book/Microform.
- Fill out the form as completely as possible.
- Submit the request. ILL will request the item from another library and it will be sent to you in a few days. Warning: Not every library will lend recordings or videos, so ILL may not be able to supply some items.
- To obtain journal articles that Auburn University Libraries does not have access to in paper or in electronic format, you will need to use Interlibrary Loan.
- Go to ILLiad and select Article/Book Chapter.
- Fill out the form as completely as possible. Submit the request.
- ILL will request the article from another library and it will be sent to you in electronic format in a few days (sometimes in a few hours!)