Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Do not share your personal SciFinder login with any one.
Violation of any of these terms by any user could result in termination of the license for all users.
License Terms with CAS for SciFinder
Contract terms with Chemical Abstracts Services and Auburn University
- You are a current faculty or administrative staff member, or officially registered student of Auburn University.
- You will use SciFinder only for your own academic research done in the course of pursing your degree, or in instructing your students, or, in the course of your own research funded by the government, Auburn University, a research grant, or a non-profit foundation and intended for publication in the publicly available literature.
- You must NOT use SciFinder for commercial research. For example, research that is down under a funding or consultant contract where the results are delivered to a for-profit organization, or for research that involves patentability searching. If you require SciFinder for commercial purposes, you will have the search done using a commercial account or by acquiring and using the commercial SciFinder product.
- You will use my search results in the ordinary course of academic research and acknowledge that you may store search results in electronic form, provided that at any one time, you store no more than 5,000 records. You may share search results in a limited, reasonable way with other Auburn University students or faculty working on the same project, but you will not aggregate my electronic search results with those of anyone else. You will delete stored records when you no longer need them for the relevant research project, or after the completion of you degree program, whichever occurs first. If you need to use search results beyond what is described here, I will contact my Auburn University Key Contact to discuss and to obtain CAS permission. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO DISTRIBUTE ANY CAS DATA OR SCIFINDER, FOR COMMERCIAL GAIN OR OTHERWISE, OUTSIDE AUBURN OR TO THIRD PARTIES.
- You acknowledge that Auburn University has entered into a license agreement with CAS to provide you with access to SciFinder, and that violation of the license by any user could result in a termination of the license for all users.
- You will contact Auburn University's Key Contact with any questions related to the use of SciFinder.