Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- If Auburn University Libraries does not own the materials you need, you will use Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- The Libraries' ILL system is known as ILLiad. To use ILL, login to ILLiad using your username and password.
- You will register and provide contact information the first time you login.
- To obtain journal articles or book chapters that Auburn University Libraries does not have access to in paper or in electronic format, you will need to use Interlibrary Loan.
- Go to ILLiad and select New Request (Article/Book Chapter)
- Fill out the form as completely as possible. Submit the request.
- ILL will request the article from another library and a PDF will be sent to you in via email within 1-2 business days.
Books, Scores, CDs, and DVDs
- To obtain Books, Scores, CDs, and DVDs that Auburn University Libraries does not own, you will need to use Interlibrary Loan.
- Go to ILLiad and select New Request (Book or Microform)
- Fill out the form as completely as possible.
- Submit the request. ILL will request the item from another library and it will be sent to you within two weeks. Warning: Not every library will lend recordings or videos, so ILL may not be able to supply some items.